Tuesday, March 03, 2009

YOU KNOW IT'S BEEN ALONG TIME SINCE YOU RACED WHEN...

-Athletes taking your swim classes ask you if you are still competing/racing.

-You go out to the shed to find your race wheels covered in cobwebs. And...one of the wheels (disc) is brand new and still has no tire on it.

-Your race shoes are still in the shoe box that you bought them in.

-You don't have a race suit to race in.

-You're actually looking forward to waking up at 4:00am to race.

So, it has almost been exactly 7 months since I last raced. That is a long time for someone who loves to race. I'm planning on racing this weekend at the Blue Norther Duathlon in Sequin, Tx. I've done this race the past couple of years as it's a nice early season opener to brush off all the cobwebs and see where my fitness is at. We shall see how it goes!

2 comments:

Austin Tri-Cyclist said...

grrrr...next year I will beat you!

Marlawanda said...

Good job, Amy! I can't wait to hear your race report. I like your new blog colors.