Saturday, December 27, 2008

HOLIDAY UPDATE

Here's a summary of what I've been up to so far this holiday week...

Christmas Eve - Nice 2 hour ride with some boys followed by an easy 3k swim at the Hills. Lunch was at Tino's, which is one of our favorite Greek restaurants. B and I went to see 'Slumdog Millionaire' in the evening...great flick!

Christmas Day - Another 2 hour ride with B this time followed it up with a nice 20 minute run. Legs felt like crap on the run but hey...I got it done. We then headed to good ol' Sun City (in Georgetown) where my parents live. We had a nice Christmas meal and then ate cookies, chips, more nutrient void food and watched movies until bed time.

Day after Christmas - We stayed the night at my parents house and then woke up and went for a run. I ran 7 miles! We celebrated Christmas the day after as my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew all came up to Sun City. Again, we ate A LOT, played games and watched a couple more movies. I think we watched about 5 movies in 2 days...lazy but nice and relaxing!

Two days after Christmas which leaves me to today - LONG RIDE...B, P.D., and P.H. all rode to Marble Falls. This was the longest ride I have done since Kona in 2005. I have to say this was probably one of the windiest rides I have also ever done. We had a headwind pretty much all the way to Marble Falls and every curse word came to mind as I was riding into the wind. As I was riding sideways, I was also thinking of everyone that I could call once I reached MF to come and pick me up. Didn't drink many calories because I didn't want to let go of the handle bars. I was miserable. And then...I saw the cafe where we were going to stop and eat and I instantly felt so much better. We stopped for about an hour or so to eat, chat, refuel and then headed back to Austin...with a nice tailwind!!! Finished the evening off with some good company at Polvo's (another favorite).

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and is looking forward to the New Year. More later in 09'... unless I feel the urge to blog before then.

No comments: