Thursday, July 05, 2007

A New PR and MORE...

That's right...I decided to do the Freedom 5k on July 4th. I was debating whether or not to do a track workout or the 5k and I opted for the 5k. The last 5k I did was about a year ago so I didn't really know what to expect. I actually ended up 3rd overall yesterday with a 18:10. I'm very pleased with the effort as it was a new PR and also a great tune up for Worlds which is next weekend. Now I just have to make sure that I don't go another year without a 5k race!

After an easy swim it was time to relax and hang out with the fam. My parents, Brandon and I went to see License to Wed with Robin Williams. Good entertainment... as always when Robin Williams is in the movie. Then it was off to my bro's for some chow.

Brandon and I have some exciting news (NO...I am not pregnant)! We have started a satellite Longhorn Masters Swim Team out at St. Stephen's which is located off 360 across from Davenport Village. Right now we offer 6 practices a week (M-F and Sun.). During the months of July and August the program costs $55 dollars. However, starting in September the fee goes up to $70/month BUT...you can either swim at St. Stephen's or UT Swim Center...what a DEAL. Brandon and I will be covering all the practices at St. Stephen's so we would love to see anyone come out and give it a try. Below is the practice schedule:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 11:45am-1:00pm
Tuesday, Thursday 6:00am-7:30am
Sunday 9:00am-10:30am

We would like to add more practices once the program grows so we hope to see you there! More programs from Team-Marsh coming this fall so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Douglas said...

am i the first commentor?

good bloggin. why didn't jbm post the new swim info. that guy needs your marketing help. lol