Friday, September 04, 2009

Out and About This Weekend

Looking forward to a long but busy weekend ahead. Tonight I will be participating in the Zilker Relays. It's a 4-person relay where everyone runs 2.5 miles. I will do this run as part of my long run this evening. Long warm up, 2.5 mile strong, and then cool down. Fun way to start the long weekend and get a little speed work in.

Sunday Brandon and I are coaching the Red Licorice Events Open Water Swim starting at 11:00am at Pure Austin (Quarry). We will give some open water tips as well as stroke correction for about an hour. At noon, there will be a timed swim around the Quarry.

Also on Sunday at 2:00pm we will be at the Austin Tri Expo for the Pro panel question and answer session. Come join us and the rest of the Pros for any questions that you might have about triathlon or non-triathlon related topics.

Monday is the Austin Triathlon. This is the third year of the Austin Tri and the third year that I will not be racing. I'm so bummed. The last two years I was injured, and this year I've decided to rest a bit since I will be racing IM Wisconsin six days later. It's hard to pass up a local race but know it's the right decision. Hopefully I will be out there racing next year! B and I have a few athletes racing on Monday so we will be out there cheering somewhere. Looking forward to it.

Enjoy the long weekend. Be safe.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Clearly, you made the right decision. :-)