Friday, August 07, 2009

Past Week Happenings

-I've been stocking up on the Nike Lunar trainers lately as these are my new favorite training/racing shoe. Oh...so comfortable. Unfortunately, Nike is discontinuing them indefinitely and replacing the Lunars with the Lunar Glides. I've heard mixed reviews about the Glides so I'm trying to hoard a bunch of Lunars to last me until they bring them back. See my collection below...I also have two more pairs waiting for me at Rogue to be picked up!



- I had a nasty fall the other day while running. Yes, while running. My brother asked "How can you ride miles and miles and not fall, but then fall when you're running"? I have know idea what happened. I must have tripped over a crack in the sidewalk or something. However, the runners behind me didn't see anything that I could have tripped over. Embarrassing. So, it may have been my own two feet for all I know. I was stiff most of the day but no damage was done and was back on my feet the next day.

- Made some dinosaur balls for dessert this week. I found this recipe on Son of Grok website awhile back. They are delicious! Here's the recipe if you're interested in some late night tasty treats...

Heat 1/2 cup coconut milk in skillet
Stir in 1/2 - 1 Cup Almond Butter (I used 1 Cup of course)
Melt 1 big bar of Ghirardelli Chocolate (I used 60%)
1 TBSP coconut oil
2 tsp Vanilla
Remove from heat
Stir in 1 Cup walnuts
Once cooled,roll into balls and put them in the freezer.

I would share pictures but we already ate them all. Actually, with all of this IM training we've been eating everything in sight...as you can see.



-Once again B ripped my legs off on our long ride this weekend. A couple of times he started doing intervals and I had no idea. All of the sudden the pace got REALLY hard and I thought there is NO WAY I can keep up this pace. I was almost in tears. After about 20' or so, B turned around and said that he was done with his interval. I told him the next time he did an interval to TELL ME. We rode 111 miles NE of Austin. It was a really good loop with very little traffic and no stop lights. Here is the route that we did...

Clicky Here.

If you are planning on racing IM Arizona this year, I would highly recommend riding this loop. It's mostly flat with a couple of rollers and it's windy. Perfect IM Arizona conditions. However, I'm doing IM Wisconsin but it was still a solid ride.

-Training has been going well but I'm looking forward to a break and racing again. We have one more 1/2 IM that we are doing next weekend up in Portland called the Hulaman Triathlon. B found this race awhile back and it looks to be a lot of fun. When he first told me about the race I thought it was in Hawaii but no...it's in Portland, OR. Although Hawaii would have been nice, I've never been to Portland so I'm just as excited to travel somewhere new. After Hulaman, it's a couple of more solid weeks of training and then IM Wisconsin. Time is just flying by and I can't believe how close it is.

-Oh...and most importantly, be sure to get the latest Runner Triathlete News magazine as yours truly is on the cover (that would be me). Also, there is a Wish interview with me in the newest Austin Runner Magazine.

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

The route ya'll did looks fun :) I heard they repaved some of those roads out there!

Anonymous said...

OMG, congrats on the cover, i hope you're keeping these and making a colage or something! so exciting, can't wait to see you.