Tuesday, May 12, 2009

3 WEEKENDS 3 RACES

Last weekend was the start of my next 3 weekends of racing...The Pure Sport Rookie Triathlon, Florida 70.3 and CapTex ITU race. I've never raced 3 weekends in a row but I'm looking forward to it.

The Rookie Tri was a fun event...as always. Not much to report other than it is as hard as you can go from start to finish for ~45+ minutes. I had a little bike mishap in that my powermeter mount fell off and was dangling by the cord. I quickly grabbed it (so it wouldn't get caught in my wheel), ripped it off and stuffed it down my swim suit so that I wouldn't lose it! Other than that, I was pleased with my effort and it was a great sprint workout to get ready for Florida 70.3 this weekend.

Florida 70.3 takes place at Disney. We have never done this race before so we're excited to race some place new. There are only 12 women on the start list but it is a solid field with some 70.3 and Ironman Champions. I'm looking forward to redeeming myself after my flat tire in N.O. in April. You can follow the race on Sunday here.

If recovery goes well after Florida, I am planning on racing CapTex ITU on Memorial Day.

That's about it. Will hopefully have a race report up on Monday or Tuesday next week. Have a great weekend!

No comments: