Thursday, January 29, 2009

MINNESOTA BOUND



Yes, that is me all bundled up ready to tackle the cold. Brandon and I are headed to Minneapolis tomorrow morning for the weekend. WHY? Well, 10 years ago (I can't believe it has been that long)The University of Minnesota women's swim team won the Big Ten Championships for the first time ever (my junior year...we also won my senior year). This was a big deal because the University of Michigan had dominated for years and we finally broke their streak in 1999. So, there is a 10 year reunion for the 1999 women's swim team to celebrate our victory.

Now...I'm not sure whose idea it was to have a reunion in Minnesota in January but clearly they were not thinking straight. I haven't been back up to Minnesota in about 5 years now, so I'm really looking forward to seeing all my swim buddies, their families, coaches, and everyone from back in the day.

Ya betcha I will have pictures when I return...that is if I don't freeze to death. Have a great weekend!

No comments: