Sunday, October 12, 2008

6 WEEKS GONE BY

Out with the boot



In with the shoe



Well...it has finally been six weeks since I was diagnosed with a stress fracture in my foot. It feels like it has been longer. I actually didn't go insane without running which I thought I would. In the end, I think the recovery has mentally and physically been really good for me. I followed the doctors orders and wore the boot for six weeks. I am now going to wear the shoe for two weeks to make it a full eight weeks of recovery. The foot is feeling pretty good, and I probably don't need two more weeks in the shoe. However, there is no rush for me to jump back into training since the season is over. So... I want to be smart and take a full eight weeks off so that this never EVER happens again.

I've also posted some pictures of the renovations we've been working on.

New Blinds on all the windows. Brandon installed them himself...I supervised. They look good but everything is a little too white. So, next I need to paint the walls (not sure when that will be though).



New stained glass window in my bathroom. Yes, we did it ourselves! Actually it's just a film that you put over the window but we thought it looked pretty good.

No comments: