Friday, July 18, 2008

IRONGIRL

First I wanted to share a funny picture of my nephew Bowen (or BoBo if you like). The funny thing about this picture is that he looks exactly like my dad...I'm talking twins. Scary.



Anywho, this past weekend B and I headed up to Dallas to visit his parents. I also raced the Irongirl Triathlon on Sunday. This was a low pressure, all women's sprint race and it was a lot of fun. It was great seeing all different ages of women, and abilities out there competing. Every one of the ladies had a smile on their face, cheered everyone on that passed by and were just enjoying the day...now that's what triathlon is about!

The last week and a half I have been running every other day from anywhere to about 25-45 minutes. I thought that this sprint race would be a good test for my foot. Although my foot still hurt during the run, it at least felt better than the three miles I ran at Buffalo Springs. I would say that is progress!

I took today and will be taking tomorrow completely off. After that I will try and get in a good solid 5 week training block. I'm hoping to increase my run mileage and also get some speed work in over the next 5 weeks. We'll see how the foot holds up.

Oh...I ended up winning Irongirl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning the irongirl! you rock...and yeah, BoBo is a compelte mini me of your dad.

Anonymous said...

From Jenny