Wednesday, June 04, 2008

NO RACE REPORT

Don't really feel like giving a race report so I'm not going to. I will say that I've done the Red River Triathlon the last 3 years and it's a great race. They have really cool goody bags and even some prize money for the overall winners and overall age-groupers. The past two years this race had about 3-500 participants. I was shocked to hear that this year there were only 150 participants. So, unfortunately this will probably be the last year of the Red River Triathlon. Sad...since it's such a fun race.

Well...enough about that. I think I may have made the mistake of riding long last Saturday and then racing on Sunday. Probably not the smartest thing since I'm just getting over being sucker punched with bronchitis and sinus infection. I probably dove back into training too fast and now I'm paying for it. It's been three days since the race and I still don't feel recovered. So...it's back to just taking it one day at a time, back off on the training a bit, and focus on staying healthy. Coach B keeps telling me that I should take it easy but I don't like to. Since I've been feeling better I just want to keep on pushing but I've realized this week that I need to scale it back down a tad. It's still early in the season so I know taking some rest days now won't kill me. It's tough to do though.

Next post...new sponsor.
-acm

No comments: