Sunday, January 06, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well...It's 2008 and I'm already behind on blogging. My goal is to update my blog once a week this year (don't hold your breath though). It was nice spending time with both families over the holidays. We managed to get some good training days in but also some lazy days as well! I'm looking forward to getting back to my regular schedule tomorrow although I will be quite busy the next few weeks.

My co-coach/boss is getting married in Antarctica (of all places!) and will be gone for 3 weeks. Which means...I will be covering quite a bit of practices and playing boss while he is gone. This week I also start my 6 week Rogue 101 swim class which I'm looking forward to. I have 8 people signed up for the class which is a great turn out for this time of year. If everything goes well, I'm hoping to continue the class throughout the summer.

Training is going well. Yesterday Brandon did a 6 hour mountain bike race out in Warda, Tx. Since I wasn't racing I decided to ride my bike out to Warda so that I could watch the end of the race. It took me just under 4 hours (3:50 to be exact). It was so nice to ride somewhere different and not have much traffic on the roads. Running is coming around. I'm getting my plantar and ankle (don't ask) under control and I think I'm about 90-95% healed. I just have to make sure I don't slack off on my rehab once I bump up my training. I'm still hoping to run the AT&T half marathon in February so we'll see how everything goes until then.

-acm

No comments: