Thursday, June 21, 2007

Long Overdue Post

I think the last time I updated I was on my way to Louisiana for the Red River Triathlon. Well...make that a duathlon. Yes, that's right. The race ended up being a duathlon because it had rained so much that the current was too fast to swim in. To me, all that meant was that everyone would have fast swim times so what's wrong with that?

The race ended up being a 5k run, 40k bike and 10k run. This was the longest duathlon I had ever done (and was only my third duathlon ever). It is just so much harder starting a race with a run rather than a swim. Anyways, I ended up second overall to local Austinite Kelly Handel. Congrats to Kelly for the win and a great 10k to finish strong.

So what's been going on lately? Well...lots of training to get ready for ITU long Course Triathlon Championships in Lorient, France July 15th. I will not be racing until then so that I can focus on having a good race in France. The start list is up and there looks to be some tough competition which will be fun.

Bear with me as I get use to this blogging thing!!!

No comments: