Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Blast from the Past...


The other night I had a message on my machine from a girl I use to swim with when I was 8 years old. I couldn't believe it! We were such good friends and just lost touch (like most people do) once we were off to high school and college. Anyways, she googled my name and found out that I live in Austin, Tx. It just so happens that she moved to Austin at the beginning of February. AND...she lives only 10-15 minutes away from me. It's definitely is a small world. We're hoping to get together sometime next week when I return from California.

Speaking of California...I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Oceanside to race at the California 70.3 on Saturday. This will be my first 1/2 ironman in 2 years. I'm very excited to race but also a little nervous since I haven't raced this distance in awhile. No matter what it should be a good experience. The women's pro field looks very competitive which will be fun. This will be my 4th official race as a 'pro' and I'm just hoping for a good race! Check back next week for an updated race report.

No comments: