Friday, October 23, 2009

Time Off

Longhorn 70.3 is this weekend. Unfortunately, I will not be toeing the line this year. I had what I thought was a little 'niggle' in my ankle a few days after IMMOO. It has progressively gotten worse over the last few weeks. So, I am playing it safe and not going to race to prevent any further damage. It's hard not to race in your own backyard, but feel that I'm getting wiser in my old age of 31 to know what my body is able to handle...and right now my body is telling me to stop. I've been enjoying some time away from triathlon the last couple of weeks to recover mentally and physically from the long season. Good luck to all those racing this weekend. We will be out cheering somewhere along the course!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Love your theme updates!
Enjoy the down time. I am only 1.5 weeks away from it!
Have fun in FL.