Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Performance Wellness Rocks

If you haven't already been to Performancce Wellness...GO. They are absolutely the best in sports rehab, massage and everything in between. I've been seeing Dr. Seller's at Performance Wellness for 2 years now. Every time I have an ache or pain I go in and get some ART (Active RElease Technique) work done. I will admit that it hurts like you wouldn't believe, but you will feel so much better the next day. Lately, I've been getting ART work done a couple of days a week for my plantar. I'm feeling a lot better (about 75%)and am up to running about 30 minutes a couple of days a week or so. I'm hoping in just a couple of weeks I'll be back to 100%.

All the massage therapists at Performance Wellness are amazing. Although they all have their own techniques they are some of the best massage therapists in Austin! Performance Wellness will be out at the Austin Triathlon on Labor day so be sure to check them out. They are a very personable and down to earth group of people.

I'll be out there on Monday cheering everyone on with my fam. Yep... mom, pops, bro and niece may all be out there cheering for Brandon and everyone else. It's funny that the fam decides to go to the race when I'm NOT racing!!!

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend. Have a good one.
acm

1 comment:

EMWilkinson said...

This may be weird coming from a stranger...and I'm a friend of Brandon's from highschool, so I check out both your blogs now and then. I read that you had plantar fascitis...what therapy did you do to really help with that? I'm not much of an athlete...but on my feet all day and was just diagnosed with that. They suggested Naproxen and some stretches...but it's still bad in the mornings. I feel like an 80 year old! Anyway, thanks in advance for your reply. -Erin erinire_99@yahoo.com